Frequent Asked Questions
What is the difference between a twin room and a double room?
A twin bedded room has two single beds and a double room has one double bed.
How can I find a hotel which suits my budget?
You can use our advance search engine.
Is breakfast included?
Usually all hotels include breakfast in your stay. The studios and apartments do not include breakfast since they provide cooking facilities. Occasionally breakfast is optional.
Are tax included?
Yes, unless stated otherwise.
Do children get a discount?
Usually children from 2-12 years old get a 50% discount provided when they share their parent’s room. Sometimes the hotel states specific price for children staying in their parent’s room. Studios and apartments do not offer such discounts.
What happens if I have more than one child?
This depends on hotel policy and the type of bedroom.
How can I find the price of the room I am interested in?
By using our advanced search engine, you can choose the type of accommodation you want and a price range. The search engine will return a number of options to you. After you have chosen one you can send us a message and within 24 hours we will inform you of prices and availability.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes if you book more than a month in advance. The required deposit is 30% of the total price as long as the balance is paid 25 days before that start of your stay. Otherwise you pay in full in advance.
Can I make a reservation by phone?
We do not make reservations by phone. You can send us an e-mail or fax with all your personal details. If it is a last moment booking (less than 24 hours) please give your credit card details for payment in full.
How will my booking be confirmed?
1. Choose your accommodation using by search engine and send us a message to find out prices and availability.
2. Within 24-48 hours you will receive a reply with alternative options in the event the rooms you requested are unavailable. You are also given a short period of time to make a final decision.
3. As soon as we receive your final decision and your credit card details we will send you written confirmation of your booking and your booking reference.
I want to go to a specific hotel which I can’t find in your site. Can you help?
Yes. We will try to come in contact with the hotel and inform you of prices and availability. As long as there is availability you can book through our office
What are the check in and check out times?
Usually check out is at 11:00am and check in at 14:00pm. Times though may vary according to hotel policy.
If I want to check out later than 12:00 will there be an extra charge?
You should tell us when booking so we can check to see if it possible. There is usually an extra charge according to the time you want to depart. You can usually leave your luggage in the hotel luggage deposit.
Are pets allowed?
It varies according to hotel policy. You should ask us when booking. In the event that pets are allowed you should always have a cage with you. They are not allowed to swim in the pool, they should be vaccinated and have a flea collar. They must not bother other guests.
How can I travel with my pet?
Within Europe they must have a special passport. The animals must be vaccinated against rabies and must have either a microchip or a tattoo for identification. The owner is responsible for obtaining the necessary traveling documents. For further information you could come in contact with your vet.
I have already bought my ferry tickets but they no longer suit me. Can I change them?
1. If you have High Speed tickets or tickets with G.A.Ferries company you can change the tickets up to 24hours before the departure of the boat on payment of 4, 00 Euro extra per ticket. Blue Star Ferries allows you to change your ticket up to 2 hours before of the boat departure on payment of 2, 00 Euro extra per ticket.
2. If you have tickets from one shipping company and you want to change to another, it is best to get in contact with the first shipping line as soon as possible.
If I want to leave my hotel sooner than I have booked for, will I get a refund?
Usually hotels do not return money in such cases.
Sometimes you might see some abbreviations referring to travel or tourist world that might not be easy for you to understand it.
So hereunder you may find some of the most common abbreviations which might help you somewhere.
BB= Bed & breakfast
H/B = HalfBoard
A/O = AccommodationOnly
R/R = RoomRate
S/C = SelfCatering
SV = SeaView
GV = GardenView
PV = PoolView
MV = MountainView
NA = NotAvailable
PAX = people – persons
P/P = Per Person
P/D = Per Day
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival.
ARR = Arrival
DEP = Departure
TRF = Transfer